Last week, I started a new series called Casual Friday where I will share a few things every week that have been on my mind or in my virtual shopping cart. Anything from great sales on clothes or home decor to recipes that I love or things we are doing as a family. Here is this week's round-up:
- Jenny’s Print Shop is a great place to get affordable art that you can print to any size you want! All of her prints are only $15 for the digital file that you can download. I think I’m going to buy Eleanor and Telephone Poles. Love the vintage look of these prints.
- Chris Love’s Julia podcast is one that I listen to regularly. They talk about DIY, home design and family (they shoot to produce about 2 a month). This week’s podcast was titled “The Instagram Bubble is Gonna Pop, and the Power of an Organic Following” where they talk about all things Instagram, building their business by growing their followers organically and the hot topic of buying followers (they consider those round-robin loop giveaway’s as buying followers, too). Super insightful to the world of social media marketing as it relates to professional blogging. Check it out even if you don't have a blog!
- Brandless is a company that I just recently became aware of and I think it’s pretty smart. You can buy great quality (Certified Organic, Non GMO, GF, Vegan, Certified Kosher, No Sugar Added) foods and household products without paying the BrandTax that national brands apply to their products. They estimate that the average customer pays at least 40% more on national brands of comparable quality to Brandless products. The best part is that everything on the website is only $3.
- Our linen closet finally got organized this week! This a great quick project that you can do this weekend in under an hour!
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Coffee k-cups are my jam this time of year. The coffee is organic, tastes SO GOOD and isn’t pumped full of all that synthetic flavoring. Just real spices that taste like the season. I'm drinking some even now as I write!
- John’s birthday is this week! A big way that I demonstrate love is through giving gifts (which is different than how I receive love - if you are married, read/listen this book The 5 Love Languages ASAP!!) I’m not going to spill the beans on what I’m getting him but I think he will love it. He’s not a big dessert/cake guy which is his only character flaw (yes… that was a joke) but he loves a good birthday bourbon. Cheers to you, my Love!
John has the last finishing touches left on the fence (post caps and a couple pieces of trim). A full reveal and project recap will be on the blog next week. Hope you all have a great weekend and a fun and safe Halloween!