Using Instagram's Bookmark Feature and 15 Inspiring Accounts That You Should Be Following
Do you use the Bookmark feature on Instagram? I recently started using it and I have to say, It's such a convenient way to save images from Instagram that inspire me. I like to Bookmark things I find because, as you know, the Instagram algorithm changed a few years ago where you can no longer find content in chronological order on your feed. So if you saw an image an hour ago on your feed but don't remember the account that posted it, chances are very slim that you will ever find that image again.
Bookmarking an image right when you see it on your feed lets you reference that image again and again (without cluttering up your photos with screenshots). Similar to "pinning" an image on Pinterest (follow me!) , you can "Bookmark" by tapping the icon (circled below) on an image from your Instagram feed. In fact, I actually go through my Bookmarks and pin them to my Pinterest, too!
Then, save it to a "Collection" that you can create (shown below). I have created Collections for different rooms in the house, exteriors, landscape, recipes, and clothes that inspire me. Here's what my Collections look like when I am on my Instagram profile:
These Collections that you create can only be seen by you - they are not public. You can access your Bookmarks by going to your own profile and tapping the Bookmark icon (looks like a little ribbon bookmark). This will take you to your Collections.
There are so many home design accounts that are publishing beautiful and creative content but these 15 are some of my favorites and I can't wait to share them with you! Scroll down to check them all out and don't forget to give these folks a follow!
1. @leclairdecor | Ottawa, Ontario
2. @sucasadesign | Abbotsford, British Columbia
2. @haus_31 | Minneapolis, Minnesota
4. @cohesivelycurated | Seattle, Washington
5. @llaayyeerrss | Brooklyn, New York
6. @8ighties.revival | Portland, Oregon
7. @melissalenoxdesign | Charleston, South Carolina
8. @conklinhouse | Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
9. @saltboxcollective | Salt Lake City, Utah
10. @themurrayhillhouse | Charleston, South Carolina
11. @truthandcodesign | Roswell, Georgia
12. @hartman_haus | Newport Beach, California
13. @megevns | Phoenix, Arizona
14. @designshopinteriors | Folsom, California
15. @most_lovely_things | New Canaan, Connecticut